Sunday 9 October 2011

Tights!

 
Cardigan- Topshop . Shorts- Topshop . Hat- ASOS . Bag- Vintage . Boots- ASOS

I think its time to come to terms with the fact there will be no more  "tights or no tights" scenarios for a little while now. I don't know what its like everywhere else in the UK but in Scotland it is FREEZING.

I made a little trip to the shops yesterday to stock up on a whole new selection of black opaques, not the most riviting of trips but i did get a nice range of deniers for all occasions! I tend to go through tights at the speed of light and after one outing we're already a man down.

Here are a few tight rescuing techniques i like to use:

1) Spray tights with hairspray as soon as you put them on (reduces risk of rip-age)
2) Paint any emerging rips with clear nail varnish- black also works
3) If the hole is quite big, staple it together with a stapler
4) If you have none of these, embrace the rips and work the shabby chic grunge look.

If any of you have any more tips to bring to the table, please let me know and i'll add them on :)

I also just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your lovely comments and e-mails, i appreciate every single one. Its great to hear your feedback and im just really glad you like reading my blog!

So here's a Sunday treat for you all for being so KIND. I saw him play live last night and he was amazing. Enjoy



Nic
xxxx

21 comments:

  1. Hello there love your style. It's got a lot of edge and you put a lot of personality into it.

    check out my blog http://styleismything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your shorts so much! cardigan is lovely tooxx
    stilettosandcigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are them shorts current season? I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that putting tights in the freezer before you wear them helps prevent snags!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !! In love with this cardi <3 !!!!

    www.jeunesgenscommehier.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. London is pretty cold too! Not sure how much longer I'll be able to get away with tights and light jackets... :( On a brighter note, I do love winter layering! :) Just found your blog and love your style *new follower* x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. currently embracing number 4. i need to restock!

    --instead of an elephant

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! Really want a cardigan in that colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab tips!! ALWAYS do the nail varnish one :) . Love this look & soooooo in love with that hat.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the burgundy cardigan!!

    I'm doing a Jeffrey Campbell giveaway on my blog, i'd love for you to check it out! http://www.walkinwonderland.com/2011/10/purple-blazerjeffrey-campbell-giveaway.html

    xo!
    Sheryl

    www.walkinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVIN THIS! :D
    http://fashionbiblexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep it's pretty damn cold in Newcastle too! Love the cardigan, and the boots are amazinggg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit!
    Your style really inspire me!
    Amazing blog :)

    XOXO
    http://foreverfashion-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous, loving the little tips for wearing tights too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. <3 the outfit especially the cardigan must get myself that soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. In love with the cardigan!

    STYLE MANIA

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH! I love your cardigan it looks so chic! I should buy one like that.. Anyway,you lok gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What size did u get the cardigan ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. your blog is awesome, love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. j'aime le look , surtout le pull rouge ! great ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, big love!